St. John's, Ancaster
We're so glad you are here!
New to Church? Click Here for
our "Beginners Guide to the Anglican Church".
Please visit our worship page for more details and
to register for services.
St. John's Church sits on the corner of Wilson & Halson Street in Ancaster.
From the East/Toronto via 403 West. Take 403 through Hamilton to the top of the escarpment...
- Exit on Rousseaux/Mohawk into Ancaster
- Left on McNiven (second light)
- Right on Golf Links Road (at light)
- Right on Halson
- The Old Parish Hall, cemetery, then church and upper hall are on your right as you approach Wilson Street.
From Niagara Falls and the Lincoln Alexander Parkway... (The "Linc")
- Take The Red Hill Creek Parkway
- The Red Hill becomes the "Linc"
- From the mountain heading West, proceed to the end of the Linc
- Just past Golf Links Road, exit left onto Rousseaux Street.
- The second light is McNiven. Follow directions above.
From the West/Brantford via 403 East
- Exit at Wilson Street/Hwy 2
- Turn left, proceed east into Ancaster, through the roundabout.
- Stay on Wilson through the lights at Fiddler's Green and proceed to Halson.
Parking and Entry
Main Rear Parking is accessed from Halson Street, and is available along both sides of the lane way.
On Sunday's our "Magnificart" (golf cart) gives mobility assistance to the church from the main rear parking area at our 10 am service.
For Worship during Covid restrictions, we will be using the Rear Entrance only. Please walk up the driveway on your right, through the cemetery from the rear parking (marked Office and Great Hall).
The path on the left from the rear parking (nearest Halson) will take you directly to the front church door, however this is being used as an EXIT only during Covid restrictions.
The Rear Entrance, The Great Hall, Offices, Drop-Off and Accessible Parking - available from Wilson St., full parking off Halson.
St. John's Parish Hall is accessed from Halson Street.
Parking for the Parish Hall is anywhere on the driveway which loops around the Hall, with 2 entrances/exits from Halson Street